Sunday, March 25, 2007

New Orleans, Tennessee - Coral Records

New Orleans, Tennessee




Below are the Inside Covers



1971 Coral Records CRL 757517 Stereo / CRL 57517 Mono



Side One
1. Night Train To Memphis
2. Help Me Make It Through The Night
3. San Antonio Rose
4. Rose Garden
5. Crazy
6. The Drum

Side Two
1. Just Because
2. New Orleans, Tennessee
3. I Can't Stop Loving You
4. Sunday In The Country
5. Walking The Floor Over You


Liner Notes:

Pete Fountain NEW ORLEANS, TENNESSEE
Produced By Charles "Bud" Dant

Pete Fountain, the jazz clarinetist, was born and raised in New Orleans, the birthplace of jazz. As a young boy, Pete spent much of his time 'sitting in' with the great players of the times, as well as riding on his daddy's Dixie Beer truck and fishing. His musical idol was Irving Fazzola, the bayou country's greatest clarinet player. Pete dug every note Fazz played and it was only natural that he would inherit the crown.

NEW ORLEANS, TENNESSEE is Pete's dream town. You see, Pete is basically a country boy at heart and, although he is endowed with the great gift of jazz music, he also has a feel and yearning for the "blue grass" country, its people and their music.

So, his dream town is probably located somewhere near Nashville, Tennessee...in a small county, just far enough away from the big city, where the "livin' is easy, and the fish are jumpin'."

Read the list of titles and listen to Pete sing "Sunday In The Country" (his first vocal on an album) and you'll understand a lot about Pete's dream town. These are definitely songs to warm the heart of any country music fan. And when you hear the way our Crown Prince of Jazz plays them, along with the wonderful Nashville 'pickers,' you'll find yourself sittin' by the cracker barrel at the NEW ORLEANS, TENNESSEE country store, tappin' your foot on the red-hot, pot-bellied stove. Listen!

CHARLES BUD DANT

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was eight or nine years old when my parents bought this and any the other 1970/71 release by Pete Fountain. I was a beginning clarinetist in awe of Pete and Artie and Benny. I remember loving to play New Orleans, Tennessee. My dad used to ask me to play for him frequently. When he passed away in 2001, I played it for him one last time at his memorial service. I sure wish they would re-release these late 60s and early 70s albums. They sure created many practice hours for me. Pete was one of my favorite teachers!

Ray said...

Man, I wish they'd digitize this. I ripped my album but it's a little warped.

Jackie Hall said...

I have this album in almost perfect condition and it has Pete Fountain's autograph on it. Anyone interested can e-mail me at jhall305@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I have this album (LP) with an autograph from Pete Fountain. How much do you think I can get for it?